World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

USS Pueblo (PF-13)

"

USS Pueblo (PF-13), a Tacoma-class frigate, was the second ship of the United States Navy to be named for Pueblo, Colorado.

The second Pueblo (PF-13) was laid down under Maritime Commission contract (MC hull 1431) at the Kaiser Cargo, Inc., Yard #4, in Richmond, California, on 14 November 1943; launched on 20 January 1944, sponsored by Seaman Carol Barnhart, USN (W); and commissioned on 27 May 1944, with Commander Donald T. Adams, USCG, in command.

Service history

Following shakedown off the southern California coast, Pueblo fitted out with highly sensitive meteorological instruments, reported for duty as a weather tracking ship with the Western Sea Frontier, on 26 October 1944. Assigned to the Northern California Sector, and based at San Francisco, she patrolled on ocean weather stations, reporting weather conditions and acting as lifeguard ship beneath the trans-pacific air routes, until March 1946. Then ordered to the east coast, she departed California on the 13th and headed for Charleston, South Carolina, and inactivation.

Decommissioned on 6 April 1946, she was sold to J. C. Berkwitz and Company, New York, on 22 September 1947, and resold, a year later, to the government of the Dominican Republic. Originally renamed Presidente Troncoso (F103), the ship was again renamed Gregorio Luperón, before being scrapped in 1982.

References

This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. The entry can be found here.

External links

  • Pueblohazegray.org: USS
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.